Curious about new ways to improve your nutrition, health, fitness, mindset or overall wellbeing? Are you looking for inspiration to motivate you as you set your goals for the coming year? Podcasts are an excellent and entertaining source of information and discourse. We’ve made a short-list of some of our current favorites. Give these podcasts a listen when you’re on your commute to work or preparing your next meal, we’re sure you’ll learn something new and interesting.
- TEDTalks Health – These podcasts cover a wide range of health and fitness related topics. The talks are given by doctors and researchers and discuss the latest medical breakthroughs, ideas for living healthier lives, and ways to improve your overall well-being.
- Rich Roll Podcast – Rich Roll enjoys a vegan lifestyle and is an accomplished ultra-marathoner. He’s written several books including Finding Ultra and the Plantpower Way. His podcast features conversations with “brightest and most forward thinking, paradigm busting minds in health, fitness, nutrition, art, entertainment, entrepreneurship & spirituality.” His podcast is an excellent way to discover insight and inspiration for many areas of your life.
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin – Sisters Gretchen Rubin and Elizabeth Craft host a podcast aimed at helping listeners lead a happier life. Gretchen is the author of the best-selling book, The Happiness Project, and Better than Before. The goal of their podcast is to provide helpful, actionable advice on establishing habits that can lead to greater happiness.
- Balanced Bites – Balanced Bites is co-hosted by Liz Wolfe and Diane Sanfilippo and focuses on Paleo diet but they take on a wider variety of wellness-related topics, ranging from nutrition to beauty to having a healthy mindset. Diane Sanfilippo is a New York Time’s bestselling author of Practical Paleo and The 21-Day Sugar Detox. Liz Wolfe has authored Eat the Yolks and The Purely Primal Skincare Guide. While their conversations often focus on the Paleo diet, they also provide practical and informative advice to living an all-around healthier life.
- The Minimalists – Vanguard’s in the “de-cluttering” movement, best-friends Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus have written several books and made a book about the minimalism lifestyle. They believe living with less can lead to a more meaningful life. Their podcast focuses on ways to curate all aspects of your life, from material possessions to relationships, so you can become more focused on the essential things and lead a happier life.
- Tara Brach – Tara Brach’s podcast features guided mediations and talks on topics ranging from “(mindfulness) meditation, emotional healing and spiritual awakening.” Tara earned a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and has completed Buddhist teacher training. Her clinical work and meditation teachings are influenced by her background as a Ph. D. in Clinical Psychology and certified Buddhist teacher. Her podcasts receive over a million downloads and are wonderful for anyone looking to nurture their soul.
- The Tim Ferris Show – The Tim Ferriss Show might not be an obvious pick for a wellness podcast recommendation since it’s the #1 podcast in the Business category on Apple iTunes. However, the best-selling author hosts podcasts that cover a diverse of topics, all with the goal of helping listeners optimize their performance and reach their maximum potential. His has discussions with experts in health, strength training, productivity, entrepreneurship, mindfulness, investing, nutrition, and more. These podcasts are excellent for anyone looking for inspiration and actionable personal development advice.